Friday, March 10, 2017

Mama Buys a Purse

                

                
  • Realer Women's Handbag Tote Purse Shoulder Bag Pu Leather Fashion Top Handle Designer Bags for Ladies
















                                                     
  • Sorry, this item is not available in
  • Image not available
  • To view this video download Flash Player
Roll over image to zoom in
    








Customer Review












2.0 out of 5 stars Purse related Trauma.


, March 10, 2017
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Realer Women's Handbag Tote Purse Shoulder Bag Pu Leather Fashion Top Handle Designer Bags for Ladies
I rarely leave bad reviews - who wants a business to take that PR hit? But, I think I need to leave one now. I really needed a larger bag - but not quite a tote - and hated everything at the local businesses here. I wanted something really unique. I saw this beautiful bag on Amazon, and bought it on the spot. I mean - LOOK at it! It's gorgeous! Overall, it seemed to have a high rating, so, I couldn't wait to have it in my hands. My daughters and I oooo'd and aaaahhhh'd over the bag when it arrived only a few days later. After reading the Amazon reviews, I knew right away that the charm was poorly made, and that there was no point in even attaching it to the purse. Sure enough - the links are made of plastic, and it didn't look very durable. Still, the purse was pretty, and I regretfully handed the charm to my daughters figuring the bag itself was pretty enough that I didn't need the charm anyway. I then promptly came down with the flu, and the bag sat for 2 days while I tried to stay with the living long enough to give my pretty new purse a try. Seriously. It was like the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. This morning, after deciding I was probably going to live, I got ready for work, and thought I had enough time to quickly switch the contents of my old purse to my beautiful new purse. Even the fact that I probably wouldn't be able to really throw it over my shoulder like I am used to, due to short handles, did not dissuade me from the excitement of owning probably the prettiest purse I have ever had. After nearly 40 years of life, I thought I had finally made my first fashion "hit". Opening the purse, I realized right away that, while I certainly loved this purse, the zipper clearly did not. It was obviously trying to run as far away as possible from the purse.  That is really the only conclusion I can come to, after seeing that it is attached in the oddest way possible - partly on the purse, partly off the purse, hanging more to one side than the other, and, not quite closing the entire purse. Clearly I had caught it just as it was going to detatch completely, and, as far as I could tell, slither across the dining room floor to freedom. Well, I was on to it, and stuffed my things into it anyhow. Carefully placing my purse "must haves" in just so. Nearly running late for work, I attempted to close it. With my 4 children looking on, I tried. And tried. And tried some more. The zipper, furious that I had stifled it's near escape, refused to move. It stuck. It tugged. It fought until we were both exhausted. I was pretty determined, and didn't care if I was late for work, so, I won in the end. It got the last laugh though, because it then completely split open. Right down the middle. From the closed position. Rolling my eyes, and trying to figure out how I could make this bag work anyhow, as, I really really love it, but, not enough to leave it gaping open at the local Wal Mart as an invitation to all would be persons who like to liberate contents of purses, I placed it in my vehicle and drove to work. I stopped for a cup of tea, and, once at the drive thru window, attempted to open my purse so that I could pay the nice young lady at the window. The zipper, still angry over the earlier fight, and not willing to give up, refused completely, to open properly. The open part from where it split, was not wide enough to remove my wallet thru. With morning rush hour cars lining up behind me at the local Tim Hortons, I smiled apologetically at the suddenly not as nice young lady at the window, and firmly yanked the zipper while mumbling threats to it quietly. If finally relented and I was able to pay for my tea. Once arrive at work, we had another argument over whether or not it was going to allow me to remove my work - keys from my purse, and we had a firm talking to in the parking lot. Once safely inside, I threw it in the storage cabinet above my desk, and tried to get on with my day. I brought it out to show a co-worker a while later, and, as we gazed in awe at this beautiful bag, the zipper contemptuously split open again. "You should return it" , my co-worker advised. "I CAN'T! I love it so much! There has to be a way!!!" I wailed in protest.
And, that, is where we leave off. I have now been using this purse for precisely five hours. The charm was too flimsy to attach. The zipper has rage issues. I am unable to open, or, if open, close the purse. It clearly does not like me. I am wondering if there is a way to possibly detach the zipper and think up an esthetically pleasing way to open and close this bag without being banned from the local Tim Hortons, or, heaven forbid, get pulled over for a traffic stop, and try to explain to an officer as to why I cannot possibly present him with the required documentation, due to psychological issues related to my purse. As much as I love this beautiful item, I am unsure of any practical ability to use this purse for the use that I assume it was supposed to be related.
Why no voting buttons? We don't let customers vote on their own reviews, so the voting buttons appear only when you look at reviews submitted by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment