Thursday, July 4, 2013

Mishmash




     It's been awhile since I wrote anything, and I truly have no idea where this post will go, but, lets see where the keyboard takes us!

     The vehicle issues continue. I honestly am traumatized to the point of inability to further discuss it. I now have wires hanging out of both front doors, in the quest to figure out how to open/shut the windows. AFTER a monsoon. It still smells, and there is a film of assorted (ineffective) air freshening products covering every surface, and it does not act normal when I turn it off. In that, the radio would stay on, and the windows were all operable, and it continued to run until the doors were open. Now, it just dings in distress.  I try very hard not to think about the fact that it is warning me it's days may be numbered. The resident mechanic does not seem to be concerned that the electrical system may be seeing the great headlights in the sky. Who knows if the Bearded Man hanging around the house is actually the resident mechanic I origianaly signed on with or not. I cannot tell. And, it may explain the deplorable condition of my poor vehicle.

     I have decided the Bearded Man may actually be a member of the Witness Protection Program. Since I am not sure if it is as a victim/witness, or as a bad guy/plea deal - possible mob connections even - I do not know how far I want to push this individual. Do I point out  my vehicle is planning to go to the great junkyard in the sky? Or do I just make him comfortable? I don't know. The kids and the dog seem to have accepted him, so, I will continue to roll with it for now. I am in enough distress with my truck, to worry about this person who seems to have decided to live at my house for now.

     A letter to Febreze only generated a form letter back, telling me they would send me coupons, and tips for getting pet odors out of my carpet.

     Enough of this dismal subject. I cannot think about it right now.

     While, according to the calendar, Summer has arrived, Summer has decided it is unavailable at this time. The Per Diem Season that has arrived in it's place is a lovely mix of most of the other seasons. It rains a lot. And throws in the occasional day in which lawn may be mowed, but gardens do not get weeded. Meaning, my lawn looks dreadful. As do my gardens, and also my front porch, which is usualy one of my favorite places to decorate. Not happening in the near future.
     Life happens, right?

     There isn't too much excitement at home to mention.... I have been at work a lot, (A co-worker, Nicole, has asked for honorable mention at this time. Since I see my co-workers more than my kids, I suppose that's a fair request. So, shout out to Nicole and all my other co-workers....) This would be a good time, to mention that I happen to work with some amazing people, and, if I can't be a stay at home Mom, then, I get to do the next best thing, with the next best people. Amazing people that laugh, cry, and share chocolate and  ibuprofin together. We do more laughing than crying, though. I love my job.

     I recently recieved a call from a friend, who has a friend who lives across the road from me. She mentioned that her friend across the road was sitting on their front porch, when all of a sudden things began sailing out of one of the upstairs windows. It has become a nightly ritual of George's, to throw things, (primarily Joe's things..) out thier bedroom window. Just another phase, right? I am sure he will move on to bigger and better things eventualy.
     Bearded Man has mentioned that the school mentioned that they may consider George a year early for pre-school. His birthday is a month and a half past the age cutoff. Not sure how I feel about this. If this kid begins to learn things even earlier than he already seems to be, I can only hope that he uses knowlege for good and not evil. Because the child definately loves to push those limits.
     The other evening, I came home from work, and the girls began to launch into a litany of George's transgressions - some pretty interesting -  and as they were venting, I feel a tug on my shirt, look down, and the sweetest little blond 3 year old boy ever, is handing me a glass of water for my dinner. Stuff like that, is why the kid will get away with stuff forever.

     Wow, this post has been all over the place. I am blaming the SUV issues, and all the chemicals I have spent the last week breathing in, because of the SUV and limited ventilation issues. Hopefull the next post is full of new cars and clean shaven men. Which I doubt, but, still.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment