Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Highlights of 2014

     Almost Good Bye to 2014!

In trying to remember anything memorable that pops out of this past year; I draw a blank. But, I haven't even finished my first cup of tea yet, so, maybe I'm still waking up for the day.

This past year, we gained a dog.

We spent months cooped up in the house due to the coldest temps I can ever remember, and because of 2 months of non stop sickness and/or school closings and/or school breaks.

We flew kites and had a picnic dinner for Easter

We all tried lobster for the 4th of July. It was pretty traumatic. Followed by a magical evening with good friends and thier kids, atop a bank overlooking a river in Olean, as we watched fireworks.

We were in the ER a LOT for various things.

Because of staples in his head, George's breathing problems really came to light which:

Ended us in Children's hospital for adenoid surgery. It took weeks for the poor kid to fully recover.

Our last kid began school. Also traumatic. For me, anyway.

I made 3 different kinds of jams/preserves AND canned them. Not very graciously, but, I did it!

Made my own applesauce and laundry soap. The soap caused a flood it the laundry room, and colorful language from Bearded Man.

The house finally got painted!

I did my first 5K and RAN!

I lost 25 pounds, walked every morning for several months, joined a local Zumba class and loved it!

We lost Bearded Man's mother.

Joe collected and donated money to the local food pantry.

We joined a different church parish, and have really found our niche there

I became (Probably the world's worst) Sunday School teacher.

Lexi has finally been able to indulge her inner mermaid, by joining the school swim team.

Joe has made it through another year without starving to death.

Kaila bacame a teenager.

Bearded Man has a new job.

I am closing out the year with starting a new second job!

One of my sisters got married.

One of my brother's got married.

My Dad was in and out of the hospital a lot.

We took the kids to see a Monster Truck show. They hated it.

Discovered there was a second lein on our house; which no one could find, and no one could discharge. Faced possible forclosure over a lein that was, for all intents and purposes non existant. It took the better part of the year and exhaustive notes, searching, phone calls and persistance, but, I got it all cleared up by Thanksgiving! ON MY OWN, after an arrogant attorney informed me this could take years and thousands of dollars, and that I would never be able to afford to clear it, OR do it on my own. BIG score!

Laughed a lot, cried a lot, prayed a lot.

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions. I suppose there are some things I would like to improve upon, but, honestly, I have enough to deal with every day, without the guilt of impossible resolutions.

Sort of glad to see 2014 come to a close! Here's hoping for a better, brighter, happier 2015!

Stay safe!






No comments:

Post a Comment